A. If you have a special need, please do not hesitate to contact us when making a reservation.
Budget offers a range of vehicles with Hand Controls, enabling drivers to accelerate or brake using a hand-controlled device. However these vehicles are only available at selected locations and must be requested before your time of rental. Please note that these vehicles are limited and are subject to availability. Also, do to the speciality fitting of these controls Budget is unable to provide this service for every make and model of vehicle, and is unable to confirm a reservation for a particular make and model of vehicle on any rental.
A. The renter must have held a valid driver's license for at least 12 months and must present it at the time of rental. The licence must be valid at the time of rental and remain valid throughout the rental period. All drivers must meet Budgets’ requirements.
Budget in Australia will accept the following drivers license:
- A driver's license issued by any state or territory in Australia or New Zealand.
- A driver's license issued by any United States, territory, or possession.
- A valid driver's license issued by a country participating in the 1949 Geneva convention on Road Traffic or the 1943 Convention on the Regulation of Inter-American Automobile Traffic. (Call your nearest reservation office for participating countries.)
- Any foreign renter must carry a driver's license written in English. Any customer carrying a non-English license must also present an International Driving Permit that is written in English.
- International driving permits serve only as a translation, and are valid if presented in conjunction with an official driver's license of the issuing country.
A. If you are travelling with your pets, it is best to contact the location you are renting from to inform them. It is up to each individual location to determine if they allow pets in the vehicles. Please be aware, if travelling with a pet is allowed there may be additional cleaning costs that apply.
A. Seats cannot be removed from a minivan or any other vehicle.
A. Budget is able to provide child safety seats at an additional cost if you are travelling with a child. You are able to reserve a child seats while making your booking via www.budget.com.au, otherwise please notify staff or the location you would like a child safety seat and how old your child is, and we will try and accommodate your request.
A. Yes. Budget has a wide range of moving accessories available such as trolleys, hydraulic lifters, packing blankets, boxes, mattress protectors, packing tape and bubble wrap. These can be rented at an additional cost either via www.budget.com.au at the time of making your reserrvation or directly from the rental location. Please contact the location you are renting from to find out availability and any associated costs.